Making the right decisions in the face of climate change
Chapter Zero Türkiye supports the development of competencies of corporate management and supervisory bodies to meet the local and global needs on climate governance.
CHAPTER ZERO INITIATIVES
As part of the Climate Governance Initiative, an initiative in collaboration with the World Economic Forum, Chapter Zero Türkiye gathers c-level executives, members of management and supervisory boards. The active participation and personal dedication of individuals responsible for corporate management and oversight are of utmost importance in this endeavor. Local Chapters of the Climate Governance Initiative have been operational in several countries such as the UK, Italy, and France for many years.
EXPERIENCE SHARING PLATFORM
Chapter Zero Türkiye was established with the aim of raising awareness of the consequences of climate change on businesses and the impact of business activities on the climate. This platform enables the exchange of experience and vision among top-level executives, board members, and experts. Chapter Zero Türkiye provides a forum for effective, high-quality debates, which should serve as the cornerstone for making sound decisions that create a “win-win” scenario for both the climate and the business community.
Chapter Zero Türkiye helps c-level executives, members of management and supervisory boards to identify risks and opportunities created by climate change, and then invest in the right opportunities while developing strategies for the mitigation of and adaptation to climate change.
What Does Chapter Zero Türkiye Offer?
- The tools and ideas necessary for compliance with the processes triggered by public regulations promoting climate change mitigation and the transition to low and net-zero emissions (such as financing, risk analysis, reporting, supply chain regulations)
- A platform for important discussions and reflection on the challenges facing businesses in the area of climate change and climate policies.
- Necessary in-depth expert knowledge in the form of trainings, workshops, seminars, readings, videos, and self-assessment tools.
Who Can Participate in Chapter Zero Türkiye, and How?
- C-level executives, members of management and supervisory boards of companies operating in all sectors of the economy.
- To participate in Chapter Zero Türkiye, applicants must complete a questionnaire available in Join Us section.
- Applications are verified and approved by the Chapter Zero Türkiye Steering Committee.
The world is facing serious climate challenges
Business plays an important role in tackling the climate crisis, and companies need to know how to approach the issue. Climate change must become the focus of corporate governance and boards and supervisory boards, and companies must make climate a priority.